Working at Makelab
Makelab is seeking a people-oriented General Manager, to lead our team from our Brooklyn lab.
As the General Manager, you’re a people person who enjoys nurturing talent and teaching others. Getting things done, and done well, is something you enjoy. 3D Printing/Additive Manufacturing as an industry is super exciting to you- you would love to share that passion of making something with your team, and the customers that order from your location.
New sets of challenges, both people & operational excite you. You’re the type of person to say “Challenge Accepted” at any blocker. No roadblock can’t be unblocked, no problem any size can’t be solved. Sometimes making hard decisions is just a part of the process and while it isn’t the most fun, you know it’s necessary and that something can be learned from it.
Putting together and nurturing the right teams that together, can achieve goals, is a big motivator for you.
You’re the person that ensures that your location is running successfully and profitably. You know the levers to pull to get your team there.
We share the belief that anything technical can be taught, but effort, motivation and behavioral skills cannot. For this position, you do not need to have experience in 3D printing, but do have to have an aptitude for tech.
- Previous management/lead experience
- Teaching/Mentoring/Coaching experience
- Strong people skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain composure and customer focus while troubleshooting and solving technical issues.
- Highly organized
- Natural leadership qualities
- A strong work ethic, attention to detail, and an eagerness to help
- Previous technical retail experience (EX: Apple Retail, Best Buy, etc)
- In-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing processes and technologies, including equipment, materials and tools.
- Proficient with 3D printers, digital scanning equipment, laser cutters and their supporting software
- Knowledge of safety procedures on the use and maintenance of equipment, tools and components
- Knowledge of fabrication techniques and educational programming that includes but is not limited to engineering, robotics, programming, CAD, 3D printing, and fabrication skills
- Running a profitable Makelab location
- Ensure the lab meets Makelab’s standards of quality and service
- Work with upper management to set goals, followup on progress
- Innovating on existing processes and workflows to enrich the customer/team experience
- Provide coaching & guidance to team members
- Cultivate highly collaborative working relationships with team to ensure that projects are managed in accordance with Makelab's standard practices
- Promote, nurture, and advance a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive learning & creative environment.
- Salary range: $80,000-$95,000
- Unlimited paid time off with a mandate of at least 2 weeks utilized
- 10 sick days
- Training & Development
- Health, dental, & vision coverage
- Hiring for 2 openings- Brooklyn & Manhattan locations
- Monday-Friday, 9:30-6pm