Working at Makelab
As a Production Specialist, you’re the backbone of our operations. You help to control the flow, the production schedule, the successes and the failures of the lab. You’ll report directly to the General Manager and work closely with the Service team, helping to answer questions around print capabilities, material suggestions, timelines, and schedule.
It’s your responsibility to make sure that customer projects go out the door in a timely manner and in excellent quality. You’re the fulfillment end of the customer experience and you make sure that we deliver on our promises as a brand and as a company. Customers print with us in order to launch great products. You take that seriously and ensure that we have done everything we can to enable the success of our customers.
You’re the type of person who loves organization, logistics, and processes. A well designed and executed process is a tell of a great company and a great team. You’re a team player that knows they play a part in a bigger picture, a bigger mission & vision. You enjoy working with your coworkers and team mates and working together to solve problems. Although the process remains the same, you take a look and ensure that the micro-steps we take aligns with our customers’ needs in their 3D printed part. You’ve got an attention to detail like no other, know how to follow a process, and never let things get out of control.
We’re looking for someone who is excited by the challenges of working in a startup, doing what is needed to produce successfully for our customers, represent the Makelab brand, and provide a great execution on delivery for our customers.
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Extremely organized with an attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple workflows
- Must be comfortable in a lab/production environment
- Extremely organized & process driven
- Good verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent communication and people skills, with ability to work across departments brining clarity to ambiguous situations, big team player
- Strong management & organizational skills
- Strong ability to adapt in a startup environment that is constantly evolving
- Strong and natural social/networking skills
- Strong problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Warehouse/fulfillment experience
- Prior manufacturing experience
- Ensure the print success & excellent quality of every part
- Ensure the timely dispatch of all parts
- Operate 3D printers for production use cases
- Analyze, prepare, and manage customer parts for 3D printing
- Coordinate & manage production queues and ensure that there are no lost parts
- Maintaining inventory records & ordering schedule of supplies & consumables
- Salary range: $60,000-$75,000
- Unlimited paid time off with a mandate of at least 2 weeks utilized
- 10 sick days
- Training & Development
- Health, dental, & vision coverage
- Hiring for 2 openings- Brooklyn & Manhattan locations
- Monday-Friday, 9:30-6pm
Makelab is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our team and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we'll empower you to push the boundaries of what's possible.
Makelab is an equal opportunity employers that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.